OAs 2s bowl out Watton for 120 in eight-wicket win
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanians bowled out Watton-at-Stone for 120 in an eight-wicket win at Woollams in Saracens Herts Division Seven A.
Chris Dobson was Watton’s chief executioner, taking five wickets in 13.4 overs that went for just 26 runs. His dominance, and that of the rest of the bowling attack, saw six batsmen out for single figures, with three of them ducks.
Watton thumped OAs by nine wickets in the reverse fixture on the strength of their top order batsmen. In May, the top three scored a combined 134 runs to topple OAs low score. On Saturday, they managed 39 runs.
Wickets came in flurries at Woollams. The first five fell for 26 runs as Watton slumped from 30-0 to 56-5.
Martin Tipper and Oliver Dalrymple started to rebuild but three more wickets in the 80s had the innings on the brink at 89-8. Late resistance staved off an early end, but it was all over in the 42nd over after Dobson completed his five-fer.
You may also want to watch:
Watton had made easy work of the chase when they beat OAs earlier in the season. This time, it was Ghulam Rasool’s side turn to ease to victory. Daniel Burnley top scored with an unbeaten 60, Azhat Mehmood chipped in with 24 and Zahid Karim carried his bat for 32 as OAs recorded an eight wicket win to go top of the league.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Forging ahead for hospice care
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads