Oaklands Wolves suffer defeat in only game played prior to Christmas and latest shutdown
- Credit: OWLFC
Oaklands Wolves Ladies managed to get one game played following November's restrictions and the tier four introduction - although they may wish they hadn't.
They lost 5-1 away to Chipperfield in the Beds & Herts Women's Football League Premier Division, their first loss in the league this season.
Ellie Lovelock got their only goal as they played for over half the game with just 10 players. They also came up against a striker in peak form, Emma Steele scoring all five for the home side.
Wolves' reserves meanwhile managed to get two matches played, both against Evergreen Eagles, and although they also lost for the first time this season, they did pick up three points in the other game.
That was a 3-2 success at home and saw them twice come from behind.
Emily McMillan got both equalisers, bagging the first after Chelsea Howcutt's shot has hit the post and then pouncing after a Jake Wallis effort was blocked.
She then turned provider for the winner, squaring for Wallis to drill low into the net.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
McMillan scored in the return too but this time Evergreen won 2-1.