Oaklands Wolves suffer defeat in only game played prior to Christmas and latest shutdown
- Credit: OWLFC
Oaklands Wolves Ladies managed to get one game played following November's restrictions and the tier four introduction - although they may wish they hadn't.
They lost 5-1 away to Chipperfield in the Beds & Herts Women's Football League Premier Division, their first loss in the league this season.
Ellie Lovelock got their only goal as they played for over half the game with just 10 players. They also came up against a striker in peak form, Emma Steele scoring all five for the home side.
Wolves' reserves meanwhile managed to get two matches played, both against Evergreen Eagles, and although they also lost for the first time this season, they did pick up three points in the other game.
That was a 3-2 success at home and saw them twice come from behind.
Emily McMillan got both equalisers, bagging the first after Chelsea Howcutt's shot has hit the post and then pouncing after a Jake Wallis effort was blocked.
She then turned provider for the winner, squaring for Wallis to drill low into the net.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 4 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 5 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 6 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 7 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 8 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'
- 9 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
McMillan scored in the return too but this time Evergreen won 2-1.