Oaklands Wolves suffer defeat in only game played prior to Christmas and latest shutdown
- Credit: OWLFC
Oaklands Wolves Ladies managed to get one game played following November's restrictions and the tier four introduction - although they may wish they hadn't.
They lost 5-1 away to Chipperfield in the Beds & Herts Women's Football League Premier Division, their first loss in the league this season.
Ellie Lovelock got their only goal as they played for over half the game with just 10 players. They also came up against a striker in peak form, Emma Steele scoring all five for the home side.
Wolves' reserves meanwhile managed to get two matches played, both against Evergreen Eagles, and although they also lost for the first time this season, they did pick up three points in the other game.
That was a 3-2 success at home and saw them twice come from behind.
Emily McMillan got both equalisers, bagging the first after Chelsea Howcutt's shot has hit the post and then pouncing after a Jake Wallis effort was blocked.
She then turned provider for the winner, squaring for Wallis to drill low into the net.
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 8 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
McMillan scored in the return too but this time Evergreen won 2-1.