Oakwood girls sizzle on the slopes
- Credit: Archant
A ski team from Oakwood Primary School in St Albans are all set for a national final – after winning a qualifying event at the first time of asking.
The team of Bryony Cooper, Olivia Howeson, Lucy Howeson and Skye Pennifer will head to Norfolk Snowsports Club in Norwich on Saturday to contest the final of the English Schools Ski Association tournament.
They finished as the fastest U12 girls team on the day at a qualifying event, held at Gosling dry ski-slope in Welwyn Garden City.
What made that achievement even more special was it was their first race together.
They raced two runs on a slalom course, with the best three times from the four girls on each run giving them a team score.
You may also want to watch:
Their combined time ended up only being bettered by one team across all age groups, that an U14 boys team.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 8 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 9 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 10 Colney Heath claim first Southern League win with Hertford success