Oakwood girls sizzle on the slopes
- Credit: Archant
A ski team from Oakwood Primary School in St Albans are all set for a national final – after winning a qualifying event at the first time of asking.
The team of Bryony Cooper, Olivia Howeson, Lucy Howeson and Skye Pennifer will head to Norfolk Snowsports Club in Norwich on Saturday to contest the final of the English Schools Ski Association tournament.
They finished as the fastest U12 girls team on the day at a qualifying event, held at Gosling dry ski-slope in Welwyn Garden City.
What made that achievement even more special was it was their first race together.
They raced two runs on a slalom course, with the best three times from the four girls on each run giving them a team score.
You may also want to watch:
Their combined time ended up only being bettered by one team across all age groups, that an U14 boys team.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge