Dramatic overtime success sends Oaklands Wolves through to last eight of WBBL Cup
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands Wolves face a last eight date with Durham after a dramatic WBBL Cup win over London Lions.
The sides needed overtime to separate them and it was the hosts who edged through in the end 68-67.
Wolves had struggled to find any rhythm early on and a promising opening couple of minutes but they managed to keep in touch.
But they stuck to their guns and it paid off with Anneke Schluter and Lizzy Harrison hitting three-point shots down the stretch.
And having got to overtime, they got their noses in front.
You may also want to watch:
Head coach Lee Ryan said: "That was one hell of a way to open the season at home. We are prepared for a long learning curve this season but we weren't prepared for that.
"I'm really proud of the players' attitudes. We stuck to our plan and the belief grew through the game. When they play free its fun to watch, we just have to keep the energy high."
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
Wolves are back at home on October 19 when they take on Manchester Mystics.