Oaklands Wolves take playoff crown with Chelmsford victory
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands Wolves Basketball have been crowned U18 NBL D-League Playoff champions following an impressive win at the Amaechi Basketball Centre in Manchester.
Despite a creditable challenge from the Chelmsford Lions, the Wolves kept their cool and went on to win the game 76-68.
Eighteen-year-old Evan Walshe was named Most Valuable Player (MVP) as he finished with 24 points.
George Pool chipped in with 12 points while Obi Egbunike, Dominic Scott-Robinson and Nathan Ramsdale-Owen added 11 each.
Ramsdale-Owen said: “It was a real confidence boost for me to hit the first shot of the game, and with five of us finishing in double figures, that confidence went right through the team.”
You may also want to watch:
Oaklands head coach Lee Ryan said: “It’s been so much fun coaching these guys. The championship is testament to how the players can win in multiple ways. All our guys were ready to play and so many had a hand in the result.
“The result is a big one for the club in its first full year fielding all junior teams.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
“I’m sure it will be a launch pad for more to come from the Wolfpack.”