Oaklands Wolves take playoff crown with Chelmsford victory
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands Wolves Basketball have been crowned U18 NBL D-League Playoff champions following an impressive win at the Amaechi Basketball Centre in Manchester.
Despite a creditable challenge from the Chelmsford Lions, the Wolves kept their cool and went on to win the game 76-68.
Eighteen-year-old Evan Walshe was named Most Valuable Player (MVP) as he finished with 24 points.
George Pool chipped in with 12 points while Obi Egbunike, Dominic Scott-Robinson and Nathan Ramsdale-Owen added 11 each.
Ramsdale-Owen said: “It was a real confidence boost for me to hit the first shot of the game, and with five of us finishing in double figures, that confidence went right through the team.”
Oaklands head coach Lee Ryan said: “It’s been so much fun coaching these guys. The championship is testament to how the players can win in multiple ways. All our guys were ready to play and so many had a hand in the result.
“The result is a big one for the club in its first full year fielding all junior teams.
- 1 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 2 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 3 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 4 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 5 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 6 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 7 Day of fundraising for No Floor No More campaign
- 8 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 9 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 10 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
“I’m sure it will be a launch pad for more to come from the Wolfpack.”