Oaklands Wolves take playoff crown with Chelmsford victory
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands Wolves Basketball have been crowned U18 NBL D-League Playoff champions following an impressive win at the Amaechi Basketball Centre in Manchester.
Despite a creditable challenge from the Chelmsford Lions, the Wolves kept their cool and went on to win the game 76-68.
Eighteen-year-old Evan Walshe was named Most Valuable Player (MVP) as he finished with 24 points.
George Pool chipped in with 12 points while Obi Egbunike, Dominic Scott-Robinson and Nathan Ramsdale-Owen added 11 each.
Ramsdale-Owen said: “It was a real confidence boost for me to hit the first shot of the game, and with five of us finishing in double figures, that confidence went right through the team.”
You may also want to watch:
Oaklands head coach Lee Ryan said: “It’s been so much fun coaching these guys. The championship is testament to how the players can win in multiple ways. All our guys were ready to play and so many had a hand in the result.
“The result is a big one for the club in its first full year fielding all junior teams.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
“I’m sure it will be a launch pad for more to come from the Wolfpack.”