Oaklands Wolves suffer home defeat to Manchester Mystics despite bright start
- Credit: Archant
A bright start soon dissipated as Oaklands Wolves lost 76-47 at home to Manchester Mystics in the WBBL.
The hosts were in touch at half-time but a surge by the Mystics at the start of the third quarter leaves Wolves just outside the play-offs.
Coach Lee Ryan said: “We needed a good start and the players delivered but at this level it only takes a small lapse and teams punish you.
“Unfortunately we dropped our level either side of the half and Manchester capitalised.”
The Wolves face a trip to Barking Abbey on Friday in what has become a must win game for both sides.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan said: “We have a series of games coming up against teams around us and we have to come out with wins. That’s the only way to achieve our target of the play-offs.
“Barking have improved of late and will be desperate to get the win. We have to have to be ready for a battle and play with confidence.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images