Oaklands Wolves suffer home defeat to Manchester Mystics despite bright start
- Credit: Archant
A bright start soon dissipated as Oaklands Wolves lost 76-47 at home to Manchester Mystics in the WBBL.
The hosts were in touch at half-time but a surge by the Mystics at the start of the third quarter leaves Wolves just outside the play-offs.
Coach Lee Ryan said: “We needed a good start and the players delivered but at this level it only takes a small lapse and teams punish you.
“Unfortunately we dropped our level either side of the half and Manchester capitalised.”
The Wolves face a trip to Barking Abbey on Friday in what has become a must win game for both sides.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan said: “We have a series of games coming up against teams around us and we have to come out with wins. That’s the only way to achieve our target of the play-offs.
“Barking have improved of late and will be desperate to get the win. We have to have to be ready for a battle and play with confidence.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Charity founder cancels Channel swim after suffering long Covid