Oaklands Wolves show how far they have come this year after WBBL unbeaten run is broken by Sheffield Hatters
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands Wolves’ four-match unbeaten run in the WBBL came to an end as they fell to 73-65 defeat at home to Westfield Health Sheffield Hatters.
The second quarter was the key to Sheffield’s victory as they established a 13-point lead but the Wolves fought back after half-time to narrow that advantage to just three going into the final quarter.
In the end the experience of the Hatters carried them through but Wolves head coach Lee Ryan said the result and performance is an indication of how the team now rate themselves.
He said: “We had some real high points in the game, but in truth also too many lows to beat a team of Sheffield’s calibre.
“They are the epitome of consistent performance and we can learn a lot from them.
“The result would have seemed a good one at the start of the year but we know we missed an opportunity to cause an upset and continue our winning run.”
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time