Oaklands Wolves show how far they have come this year after WBBL unbeaten run is broken by Sheffield Hatters
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands Wolves’ four-match unbeaten run in the WBBL came to an end as they fell to 73-65 defeat at home to Westfield Health Sheffield Hatters.
The second quarter was the key to Sheffield’s victory as they established a 13-point lead but the Wolves fought back after half-time to narrow that advantage to just three going into the final quarter.
In the end the experience of the Hatters carried them through but Wolves head coach Lee Ryan said the result and performance is an indication of how the team now rate themselves.
He said: “We had some real high points in the game, but in truth also too many lows to beat a team of Sheffield’s calibre.
“They are the epitome of consistent performance and we can learn a lot from them.
You may also want to watch:
“The result would have seemed a good one at the start of the year but we know we missed an opportunity to cause an upset and continue our winning run.”
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans