Oaklands Wolves move step closer goal of making WBBL play-offs
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands Wolves gave themselves every chance of making the WBBL play-offs with a tense 64-63 win over Caledonia Pride.
And even though they lost 79-45 to Sevenoaks Suns on Sunday they remain eighth with just one game to go.
Saturday’s victory in front of a vociferous and big home crowd was the key result as it draws them level on points with their Scottish visitors.
Beth Sarson said: “I’m proud of how we played. We believed in our game plan and executed it well.
“It felt good to get the win for the last home game of the season and the crowd were incredible. They really carried us over the line.”
You may also want to watch:
Coach Lee Ryan said: “We’ve known that two wins in the games that remained would put us in the playoffs.
“The permutations are too complex to work out so the fact it’s in our hands is a real bonus.”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
Wolves finish their regular season at another play-off chasing side, Durham Palatinates, on Sunday.