Oaklands Wolves move step closer goal of making WBBL play-offs
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands Wolves gave themselves every chance of making the WBBL play-offs with a tense 64-63 win over Caledonia Pride.
And even though they lost 79-45 to Sevenoaks Suns on Sunday they remain eighth with just one game to go.
Saturday’s victory in front of a vociferous and big home crowd was the key result as it draws them level on points with their Scottish visitors.
Beth Sarson said: “I’m proud of how we played. We believed in our game plan and executed it well.
“It felt good to get the win for the last home game of the season and the crowd were incredible. They really carried us over the line.”
You may also want to watch:
Coach Lee Ryan said: “We’ve known that two wins in the games that remained would put us in the playoffs.
“The permutations are too complex to work out so the fact it’s in our hands is a real bonus.”
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district
Wolves finish their regular season at another play-off chasing side, Durham Palatinates, on Sunday.