Two big wins for Oaklands Wolves ladies
- Credit: Archant
Ellie Lovelock’s shooting boots remain firmly on her feet after she bagged a hat-trick in Oaklands Wolves’ 5-0 win at Hartham in the Beds & Herts Women’s Football League Premier Division.
The treble means she is up to five from the opening two games after getting both in the 2-2 draw on the opening day at home to Hemel Hempstead.
She had got one by half-time against Hartham, Ellen Salter getting the other, and the pair added one more each before Lovelock claimed her third.
Wolves are now second in the early table, two points behind leaders Herts Vipers.
Oaklands’ reserves had an even better day than the first time as they ran out 9-1 winners at home to Bedwell Rangers in Division Three.
You may also want to watch:
Emily McMillian, Chelsea Howcutt and Alice King all had shots either saved or blocked before Wolves finally took the lead on nine minutes.
Eleanor Keating did well down the right before crossing for McMillan to stroke home from close range.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Rachel King made it two six minutes later with a long-range drive and although the Wolves pressed, it was Bedwell who got the only other goal before half-time, Jess Sullivan beating keeper Caitlin Dixon with a snapshot in off the post.
King and Howcutt both went close in the early stages of the second half but once Jake Wallis made it three with a curling shot, the goals started to flow with regularity.
Howcutt made it 4-1 with a delightful lob and Wallis hit three more to make it 7-1.
Dixon still had to make a couple of good saves but King made it 8-1 and a fifth for Wallis, with a clever chip over the advancing keeper, finished off the scoring.
Oaklands Wolves Res: Dixon, Chamock, Barresi, Haig, A.King, R.King, Lang, Howcutt, Keating, A.Lye, V.Lye, McMillan, Moule, Riches, Trounce, Wallis.