Oaklands Wolves duo selected for Wales duty
- Credit: Archant
Two young basketball players from Oaklands Wolves have earned a call-up for Wales as they prepare for next year’s European Championship.
Owain Kimber from Monk’s Walk School in Welwyn Garden City has been joined by team-mate Harry Watts in the U15 squad, with a third from Hertfordshire, West Herts Warriors’ Nathan Thomas, also included.
The trio, who all qualify by virtue of Welsh parents, will hope to be part of the U16 team for next year’s tournament where the aim od to eclipse the effort from last year which saw the principality lose in the final to Andorra.
The upcoming games away to Sweden and Ireland will provide invaluable practice against other international teams but due to the lack of UK Sport funding in the sport, the side are in need of financial backing
To help U15 manager Sarah Ganniclefft, has set up a Crowdfunding page to help pay for travel, kit and accommodation.
You may also want to watch:
Any support can be given at https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/walesu15bb
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Shortages crisis hits district
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'