Oaklands Wolves can still be competitive as WBBL play-offs loom closer says head coach Lee Ryan
- Credit: Archant
Lee Ryan has every confidence that Oaklands Wolves can still make the WBBL play-offs come the end of the season.
Defeat at home to BA London Lions last Saturday ended a run of two successive victories but the head coach knows the ability his side has can bring the good times back quickly.
He said: “We’ve got to regroup. We’ve got games in month against teams around us that are definitely winnable and we play Nottingham on Saturday (tomorrow).
“We narrowly missed out against them in the first game so we have to learn, we’ve got to grow and we’ve got to come back fresh and get the win.
“The play-offs are still the goal. We’re putting ourselves in a tougher situation every time we let a game go but if we can go back to what we did in the last four games of 2018, we will be really competitive.”
You may also want to watch:
Tip-off at the Oaklands Sportszone is at 3.45pm.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 Remembering Heartwood Forest supporter Pam