Oaklands Wolves can still be competitive as WBBL play-offs loom closer says head coach Lee Ryan
- Credit: Archant
Lee Ryan has every confidence that Oaklands Wolves can still make the WBBL play-offs come the end of the season.
Defeat at home to BA London Lions last Saturday ended a run of two successive victories but the head coach knows the ability his side has can bring the good times back quickly.
He said: “We’ve got to regroup. We’ve got games in month against teams around us that are definitely winnable and we play Nottingham on Saturday (tomorrow).
“We narrowly missed out against them in the first game so we have to learn, we’ve got to grow and we’ve got to come back fresh and get the win.
“The play-offs are still the goal. We’re putting ourselves in a tougher situation every time we let a game go but if we can go back to what we did in the last four games of 2018, we will be really competitive.”
Tip-off at the Oaklands Sportszone is at 3.45pm.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Author's new book explores mental health during the pandemic