Oaklands Wolves bow out of WBBL Cup with Northumbria loss
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands Wolves bowed out of the WBBL Cup with a 72-58 quarter-final defeat at home to Team Northumbria.
The north-east side had too much experience in the paint and on the glass than their hosts.
The visitors proved this by gaining 17 offensive rebounds, more than enough to tilt the balance of play in their favour.
Northumbria’s key period came in the second quarter.
Having trailed 22-18 at the first break, Wolves were hit by a 27-point blast from which they never recovered.
You may also want to watch:
they turned round nine points down at half-time and the lead stretched to 13 by the end of quarter three.
Kristina Nagy top scored for Oaklands with 14 followed by Tia Freeman with nine and Aliz Varga on eight.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
Alison Gorrell was the standout performer for Northumbria, bagging 19 points, eight rebounds and five assists.
Wolves host Nottingham Wildcats on Saturday, with a 3.45pm tip-off.