Oaklands Wolves bow out of WBBL Cup with Northumbria loss
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands Wolves bowed out of the WBBL Cup with a 72-58 quarter-final defeat at home to Team Northumbria.
The north-east side had too much experience in the paint and on the glass than their hosts.
The visitors proved this by gaining 17 offensive rebounds, more than enough to tilt the balance of play in their favour.
Northumbria’s key period came in the second quarter.
Having trailed 22-18 at the first break, Wolves were hit by a 27-point blast from which they never recovered.
You may also want to watch:
they turned round nine points down at half-time and the lead stretched to 13 by the end of quarter three.
Kristina Nagy top scored for Oaklands with 14 followed by Tia Freeman with nine and Aliz Varga on eight.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 8 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
Alison Gorrell was the standout performer for Northumbria, bagging 19 points, eight rebounds and five assists.
Wolves host Nottingham Wildcats on Saturday, with a 3.45pm tip-off.