Oaklands Wolves bow out of WBBL Cup with Northumbria loss
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands Wolves bowed out of the WBBL Cup with a 72-58 quarter-final defeat at home to Team Northumbria.
The north-east side had too much experience in the paint and on the glass than their hosts.
The visitors proved this by gaining 17 offensive rebounds, more than enough to tilt the balance of play in their favour.
Northumbria’s key period came in the second quarter.
Having trailed 22-18 at the first break, Wolves were hit by a 27-point blast from which they never recovered.
You may also want to watch:
they turned round nine points down at half-time and the lead stretched to 13 by the end of quarter three.
Kristina Nagy top scored for Oaklands with 14 followed by Tia Freeman with nine and Aliz Varga on eight.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
Alison Gorrell was the standout performer for Northumbria, bagging 19 points, eight rebounds and five assists.
Wolves host Nottingham Wildcats on Saturday, with a 3.45pm tip-off.