Oaklands Wolves bow out of WBBL Cup with Northumbria loss
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands Wolves bowed out of the WBBL Cup with a 72-58 quarter-final defeat at home to Team Northumbria.
The north-east side had too much experience in the paint and on the glass than their hosts.
The visitors proved this by gaining 17 offensive rebounds, more than enough to tilt the balance of play in their favour.
Northumbria’s key period came in the second quarter.
Having trailed 22-18 at the first break, Wolves were hit by a 27-point blast from which they never recovered.
they turned round nine points down at half-time and the lead stretched to 13 by the end of quarter three.
Kristina Nagy top scored for Oaklands with 14 followed by Tia Freeman with nine and Aliz Varga on eight.
- 1 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 2 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 4 Medals, fast times and great performances for St Albans swimmers at championships
- 5 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 6 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 7 Cash stolen from parked car on Harpenden Road in St Albans
- 8 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 9 FULL RESULTS: Lib Dem landslide in St Albans council elections
- 10 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
Alison Gorrell was the standout performer for Northumbria, bagging 19 points, eight rebounds and five assists.
Wolves host Nottingham Wildcats on Saturday, with a 3.45pm tip-off.