Schluter drives Oaklands Wolves to first WBBL win of the season
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands Wolves got their Women’s British Basketball League season off and running at the second time of asking – as they beat Caledonia Pride 73-65.
They were never behind in the clash at Oaklands Sportszone but they had Anneke Schluter to thank as her early season form continued.
She picked up 30 points after landing half of her shots from open court, including four three-pointers, as well as 10 of 11 free-throws.
Dorka Boros was the only other player to hit double figures with 11.
They had taken a three-point lead at the end of the first quarter but that would have frustrated head coach Lee Ryan who would have seen his side squander a 14-2 lead gained in the opening four minutes.
They managed to keep their Scottish visitors at arms length though for the next two periods before easing clear in the latter stages of the fourth quarter.
The result puts them seventh in the table ahead of a difficult trip to league leaders Nottingham Wildcats on Saturday.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area