Oaklands Wolves move into play-off contention after superb win over Essex Rebels
- Credit: MARTIN RICKETT/PA
Oaklands Wolves moved into a play-off spot in the WBBL with a superb performance over Essex Rebels.
The St Albans-based side had come close to beating Rebels, third at start of play, on their own court a few weeks ago but after trailing into the first break, Wolves turned on the gas, running out 57-52 winners.
It was 28-23 by half-time and a 20-point third quarter from the home side opened up some clear daylight between the pair, a gap that proved more than enough despite a late fightback.
Melita Emmanual Carr narrowly missed out on a double-double as she finished with 17 points and nine rebounds, at the top of the Wolves scoring charts.
Behind her there was solid support from Lauren Milligan and Greeta Uprus who bagged 10 points each.
Milligan also grabbed 11 rebounds in a dominant show under the net. She is now ranked eighth in the league in that category
They face Cardiff Archers at the Oaklands Sportszone tonight (Wednesday) before travelling to Nottingham Wildcats on Saturday.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 7 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area