Oaklands Wolves move into play-off contention after superb win over Essex Rebels
- Credit: MARTIN RICKETT/PA
Oaklands Wolves moved into a play-off spot in the WBBL with a superb performance over Essex Rebels.
The St Albans-based side had come close to beating Rebels, third at start of play, on their own court a few weeks ago but after trailing into the first break, Wolves turned on the gas, running out 57-52 winners.
It was 28-23 by half-time and a 20-point third quarter from the home side opened up some clear daylight between the pair, a gap that proved more than enough despite a late fightback.
Melita Emmanual Carr narrowly missed out on a double-double as she finished with 17 points and nine rebounds, at the top of the Wolves scoring charts.
Behind her there was solid support from Lauren Milligan and Greeta Uprus who bagged 10 points each.
Milligan also grabbed 11 rebounds in a dominant show under the net. She is now ranked eighth in the league in that category
They face Cardiff Archers at the Oaklands Sportszone tonight (Wednesday) before travelling to Nottingham Wildcats on Saturday.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 3 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 4 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 5 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
- 6 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 7 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 10 St Albans GP publishes guide to living