Shooting radar off as Oaklands Wolves slip to Reading defeat
- Credit: PAUL PHILLIPS
Oaklands Wolves' men couldn't build on a good start as they went down 98-77 at home to Reading Rockets in the National Basketball League.
Thomas Baker's side rushed into an early 14-4 lead and were 60-58 ahead with three minutes of the third period remaining before the visitors outscored them 40-17 in the final third of the game.
The home side out-rebounded the Rockets 56-45 but a poor shooting night saw them convert only 34 of their 84 field goal attempts and were cold from downtown as they hit only five of their 31 three-point shots.
AJ Roberts led the Wolves with a 22-point, 15-rebound double-double, adding two assists and a couple of blocks while academy player Kane Daley continued his good season with 15 points.
Jordan Santiago returned from injury to finish with 12 points and nine assists despite a difficult shooting display.
Wolves travel to Loughborough Riders on Saturday before hosting the midlands side on Wednesday, March 3.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close