Shooting radar off as Oaklands Wolves slip to Reading defeat
- Credit: PAUL PHILLIPS
Oaklands Wolves' men couldn't build on a good start as they went down 98-77 at home to Reading Rockets in the National Basketball League.
Thomas Baker's side rushed into an early 14-4 lead and were 60-58 ahead with three minutes of the third period remaining before the visitors outscored them 40-17 in the final third of the game.
The home side out-rebounded the Rockets 56-45 but a poor shooting night saw them convert only 34 of their 84 field goal attempts and were cold from downtown as they hit only five of their 31 three-point shots.
AJ Roberts led the Wolves with a 22-point, 15-rebound double-double, adding two assists and a couple of blocks while academy player Kane Daley continued his good season with 15 points.
Jordan Santiago returned from injury to finish with 12 points and nine assists despite a difficult shooting display.
Wolves travel to Loughborough Riders on Saturday before hosting the midlands side on Wednesday, March 3.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters