Shooting radar off as Oaklands Wolves slip to Reading defeat
- Credit: PAUL PHILLIPS
Oaklands Wolves' men couldn't build on a good start as they went down 98-77 at home to Reading Rockets in the National Basketball League.
Thomas Baker's side rushed into an early 14-4 lead and were 60-58 ahead with three minutes of the third period remaining before the visitors outscored them 40-17 in the final third of the game.
The home side out-rebounded the Rockets 56-45 but a poor shooting night saw them convert only 34 of their 84 field goal attempts and were cold from downtown as they hit only five of their 31 three-point shots.
AJ Roberts led the Wolves with a 22-point, 15-rebound double-double, adding two assists and a couple of blocks while academy player Kane Daley continued his good season with 15 points.
Jordan Santiago returned from injury to finish with 12 points and nine assists despite a difficult shooting display.
Wolves travel to Loughborough Riders on Saturday before hosting the midlands side on Wednesday, March 3.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 3 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 8 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 9 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 10 Defibrillators: How you could save a life