Wolves heading home at last with victory spoils from road trips
- Credit: KARYN HADDON
Oaklands Wolves long run of away games in the WBBL came to an end with the same result as it had started - victory.
It was the sixth road trip in a row for the women's side and after beating both Caledonia Pride and Cardiff Archers, they had suffered three defeats.
However, an enthralling contest on Teesside saw them edge Durham Palatinates 69-64.
The hosts had taken a four-point lead into the half-time break but Wolves roared back and after hitting the front going into the final 10 minutes, they rounded off the success.
Greeta Uprus led Wolves with 18 points with Dorka Boros netting 16.
The result leaves Oaklands ninth in the table with their first game back at the Sportszone on Saturday against Essex Rebels.
The Wolves' men were without a game this week in Division One of the NAtional Basketball League. They are also in action on Saturday away to Leicester Warriors.
- 1 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 2 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 3 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 4 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 5 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 6 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 St Albans GP publishes guide to living