Wolves heading home at last with victory spoils from road trips
- Credit: KARYN HADDON
Oaklands Wolves long run of away games in the WBBL came to an end with the same result as it had started - victory.
It was the sixth road trip in a row for the women's side and after beating both Caledonia Pride and Cardiff Archers, they had suffered three defeats.
However, an enthralling contest on Teesside saw them edge Durham Palatinates 69-64.
The hosts had taken a four-point lead into the half-time break but Wolves roared back and after hitting the front going into the final 10 minutes, they rounded off the success.
Greeta Uprus led Wolves with 18 points with Dorka Boros netting 16.
The result leaves Oaklands ninth in the table with their first game back at the Sportszone on Saturday against Essex Rebels.
The Wolves' men were without a game this week in Division One of the NAtional Basketball League. They are also in action on Saturday away to Leicester Warriors.
- 1 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 6 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park