Oaklands College and Arsenal Women launch football academy
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Oaklands College are to give promising footballers a route into the game with the launch of a Women’s Football Academy in association with Arsenal.
The academy, which starts next month, will combine "football excellence with academic studies".
Students at the St Albans-based college will have the opportunity to study a wide variety of courses including A-Level and vocational qualifications as well having access to FA licensed coaches, working in conjunction with the Women's Super League champions, and physiotherapy and strength and conditioning coaching.
From 2020 the college will be the further education provider for Arsenal's WSL U21s academy programme.
The first of the open trials will be held on Wednesday, August 21, between 2pm and 4pm with a second running on August 27.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be an opportunity to meet college staff and discuss academic interests.
To register for the trials go to https://forms.gle/u4z8yid2hRZHT5L66
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly