Oaklands beaten by Team Northumbria in WBBL
Oakland Wolves suffered another defeat in the Women’s British Basketball League losing 85-62 to Team Northumbria at Oaklands College on Sunday.
It was the Geordies’ first win of the season.
Chloe Bully led the way with 19 points while Abigail Asoro posted a big double-double of 15 points and 15 rebounds as a total of five players reached double figures in the win.
Northumbria made a 7-2 start and led by as many as nine in the opening period on a three from Bully before the home side closed the gap.
A 14-2 run saw Northumbria pull clear in the second as Bully continued to find her range from beyond the arc with the visitors going into half-time with a 13-point cushion.
You may also want to watch:
The two teams traded baskets throughout the third in a 13-13 period and the trend continued in the final quarter before a 10-2 run saw Northumbria extend their lead beyond 20 points.
For Oaklands Kyla Nelson led the scoring charts with 19 points, with Lauren Christie getting nine and Anna Nagy eight.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans