Oaklands beaten by Team Northumbria in WBBL
Oakland Wolves suffered another defeat in the Women’s British Basketball League losing 85-62 to Team Northumbria at Oaklands College on Sunday.
It was the Geordies’ first win of the season.
Chloe Bully led the way with 19 points while Abigail Asoro posted a big double-double of 15 points and 15 rebounds as a total of five players reached double figures in the win.
Northumbria made a 7-2 start and led by as many as nine in the opening period on a three from Bully before the home side closed the gap.
A 14-2 run saw Northumbria pull clear in the second as Bully continued to find her range from beyond the arc with the visitors going into half-time with a 13-point cushion.
You may also want to watch:
The two teams traded baskets throughout the third in a 13-13 period and the trend continued in the final quarter before a 10-2 run saw Northumbria extend their lead beyond 20 points.
For Oaklands Kyla Nelson led the scoring charts with 19 points, with Lauren Christie getting nine and Anna Nagy eight.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25