Oaklands’ Alex Brown picked for England duty
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands College rugby academy’s Alex Brown has been named in the England U18 Clubs and Schools squad ahead of their forthcoming internationals against Ireland Clubs and France A.
The 24-man England squad was selected after a training camp held at Loughborough University last weekend, which included a match against Bedford Academy Under 19s.
“The coaches worked hard over the weekend and the squad responded magnificently working very well despite the fact that a lot of the boys had been involved at Rosslyn Park Sevens for most of the previous week,” said John Porter-Griffiths, England U18 Clubs and Schools team manager.
“We played Bedford Academy U19s as the final part of our first training weekend and the squad certainly did what was requested by the coaches with an intense and physical performance to record a 38-17 victory.”
England Under 18 Clubs and Schools will play two matches in the triangular tournament at the French National Rugby Centre in Marcoussis against Ireland Clubs U18 on April 16 and France U18 A on April 20.
You may also want to watch:
France play Ireland in the opening match on April 12.
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 10 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead