OA youngsters claim derby win
OLD ALBANIAN U14s A team won its first Herts & Middlesex Division One match of the season against local rivals Harpenden 17-15. This was a classic tough derby match with the play tight and as a result it was tremendous to watch. George Rose and Josh Berry
OLD ALBANIAN U14s A team won its first Herts & Middlesex Division One match of the season against local rivals Harpenden 17-15. This was a classic tough derby match with the play tight and as a result it was tremendous to watch.
George Rose and Josh Berry (twice) crossed the whitewash to score with Rob Ward's calm last minute conversion giving OA the win.
The U13s A team started their league campaign with a tough 17-10 win against Harpenden.
In a very physical and bruising affair, the game see-sawed back and forth in the first half, with Alex Cardinali running in three tries including an amazing 70-metre dash, with Ben Lewis grabbing a conversion.
The U13s B team also had a great result at the weekend, beating Harpenden 29-5 and securing a bonus point in the first match of the Herts League.
Strong defence kept Harpenden at bay before Tom Moreland crossed for a try.
- 1 LIVE: St Albans and Harpenden A-level results 2022
- 2 'Minor explosions' heard during garage fire near St Albans
- 3 Franco Manca receives licence to serve alcohol in St Albans
- 4 Fresh call for safer crossing on route into city centre
- 5 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 6 'Get a grip on lawless Charter Market', traders demand in leaked audio
- 7 Refunds still due for cancelled Herts Fest event
- 8 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 13-year-old missing from Hemel Hempstead
- 10 St Albans Scout leaders heading to Korean Jamboree
OA ran in four tries after the break courtesy of James Owler, Reece Homfray, Josh Mort and James Kelly with Peter Hensman and Max Hood adding conversions.
The U9s took part in their first full contact fixture of the season at the Bedford Festival.
The format meant they encountered some tough sides during the competition but they played very well as a unit and made it to the final where they beat Olney 4-2 to win the Plate.