OA youngsters claim derby win
OLD ALBANIAN U14s A team won its first Herts & Middlesex Division One match of the season against local rivals Harpenden 17-15. This was a classic tough derby match with the play tight and as a result it was tremendous to watch. George Rose and Josh Berry
OLD ALBANIAN U14s A team won its first Herts & Middlesex Division One match of the season against local rivals Harpenden 17-15. This was a classic tough derby match with the play tight and as a result it was tremendous to watch.
George Rose and Josh Berry (twice) crossed the whitewash to score with Rob Ward's calm last minute conversion giving OA the win.
The U13s A team started their league campaign with a tough 17-10 win against Harpenden.
In a very physical and bruising affair, the game see-sawed back and forth in the first half, with Alex Cardinali running in three tries including an amazing 70-metre dash, with Ben Lewis grabbing a conversion.
The U13s B team also had a great result at the weekend, beating Harpenden 29-5 and securing a bonus point in the first match of the Herts League.
Strong defence kept Harpenden at bay before Tom Moreland crossed for a try.
- 1 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 4 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 5 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
- 7 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 8 St Albans leisure centre launches self-defence classes for girls as young as 12
- 9 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Controversial plans to build quarry in Hatfield scrapped
OA ran in four tries after the break courtesy of James Owler, Reece Homfray, Josh Mort and James Kelly with Peter Hensman and Max Hood adding conversions.
The U9s took part in their first full contact fixture of the season at the Bedford Festival.
The format meant they encountered some tough sides during the competition but they played very well as a unit and made it to the final where they beat Olney 4-2 to win the Plate.