OA youngsters claim derby win
OLD ALBANIAN U14s A team won its first Herts & Middlesex Division One match of the season against local rivals Harpenden 17-15. This was a classic tough derby match with the play tight and as a result it was tremendous to watch. George Rose and Josh Berry
OLD ALBANIAN U14s A team won its first Herts & Middlesex Division One match of the season against local rivals Harpenden 17-15. This was a classic tough derby match with the play tight and as a result it was tremendous to watch.
George Rose and Josh Berry (twice) crossed the whitewash to score with Rob Ward's calm last minute conversion giving OA the win.
The U13s A team started their league campaign with a tough 17-10 win against Harpenden.
In a very physical and bruising affair, the game see-sawed back and forth in the first half, with Alex Cardinali running in three tries including an amazing 70-metre dash, with Ben Lewis grabbing a conversion.
You may also want to watch:
The U13s B team also had a great result at the weekend, beating Harpenden 29-5 and securing a bonus point in the first match of the Herts League.
Strong defence kept Harpenden at bay before Tom Moreland crossed for a try.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
OA ran in four tries after the break courtesy of James Owler, Reece Homfray, Josh Mort and James Kelly with Peter Hensman and Max Hood adding conversions.
The U9s took part in their first full contact fixture of the season at the Bedford Festival.
The format meant they encountered some tough sides during the competition but they played very well as a unit and made it to the final where they beat Olney 4-2 to win the Plate.