OA U9s put on a show at Twickenham
OLD Albanian sent two U9s teams to the London Festival of Rugby on September 5, and followed up success at the festival with the final held on the Twickenham pitch in front of 67,684 rugby fans. Already Herts County Champions at every level, the U9s agai
OLD Albanian sent two U9s teams to the London Festival of Rugby on September 5, and followed up success at the festival with the final held on the Twickenham pitch in front of 67,684 rugby fans.
Already Herts County Champions at every level, the U9s again demonstrated the strength in depth across the club.
The Festival, played at Old Deer Park in Richmond, featured top junior rugby clubs from across the South East.
Both teams put on a great exhibition of tag rugby in front of a large contingent of travelling OA supporters.
You may also want to watch:
The A team beat sides from Aldershot, Chess Valley, Tadley and Beaconsfield to win their pool convincingly and reach their group final, played on the famous Twickenham pitch in front of the huge crowd during the half-time interval of the Premiership match between Wasps and Harlequins last week.
Undaunted by the stadium or the crowd, the U9s played like seasoned professionals, soaking up the atmosphere, and fought out a hard-earned victory against a strong side from Old Elthamians winning by five tries to four.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 10 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
The OA B team also produced fine flowing rugby and showed real team spirit.
After being placed in a very tough pool, they didn't quite force their way through to the final play-off at Twickenham.
However, with great support from the touchline, the team did the club proud.