OA U14s start season well
The Old Albanian U14s A team s rugby season had a great start at the weekend when they beat a highly competitive team from Finchley 36-0. The visitors started strongly, forcing the OA pack to work fiercely at the breakdown to win possession. A nicely wor
The Old Albanian U14s A team's rugby season had a great start at the weekend when they beat a highly competitive team from Finchley 36-0.
The visitors started strongly, forcing the OA pack to work fiercely at the breakdown to win possession. A nicely worked penalty move in Finchley's 22 broke the stalemate and Ryan Shorter went over for the first try.
OA's domination of possession soon paid off and Ben Rose got off to a good start with the club scoring a fine try.
Forward and back combinations worked well with Clarke Newman often joining the backline, leading to a great try from Aaron Exley.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Dan Blackwell 'popped' the ball nicely to George Rose to go over for a try. The A team finished the match with six tries, conceding none.
The U14s B team faced stiff opposition from Finchley Bs who were strengthened with a good number of their A team.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
Finchley dominated in the first half, but OA came back strongly in the second half only narrowly losing 38-30.
There were some sound team tries from OA, including one which saw most of the team with their hands on the ball in the one move.
Charley Beedle stood out as Man of the Match with a hat trick of tries.