OA U14s start season well
The Old Albanian U14s A team s rugby season had a great start at the weekend when they beat a highly competitive team from Finchley 36-0. The visitors started strongly, forcing the OA pack to work fiercely at the breakdown to win possession. A nicely wor
The Old Albanian U14s A team's rugby season had a great start at the weekend when they beat a highly competitive team from Finchley 36-0.
The visitors started strongly, forcing the OA pack to work fiercely at the breakdown to win possession. A nicely worked penalty move in Finchley's 22 broke the stalemate and Ryan Shorter went over for the first try.
OA's domination of possession soon paid off and Ben Rose got off to a good start with the club scoring a fine try.
Forward and back combinations worked well with Clarke Newman often joining the backline, leading to a great try from Aaron Exley.
In the second half Dan Blackwell 'popped' the ball nicely to George Rose to go over for a try. The A team finished the match with six tries, conceding none.
The U14s B team faced stiff opposition from Finchley Bs who were strengthened with a good number of their A team.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 'Entertaining and moving' dark comedy After Electra coming to the Abbey Theatre stage
- 9 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
Finchley dominated in the first half, but OA came back strongly in the second half only narrowly losing 38-30.
There were some sound team tries from OA, including one which saw most of the team with their hands on the ball in the one move.
Charley Beedle stood out as Man of the Match with a hat trick of tries.