‘We need to the best version of ourselves’ says Sarah McKenna ahead of OA Saints crunch clash with Guildford
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Saints aren’t planning to change a thing ahead of two massive games for the side.
The Woollams-based side are into the final of the National Intermediate Cup after a narrow victory over Newbury in the semi-final.
But first up and perhaps more importantly they have a winner-takes-all battle with Guildford Gazelles, with the victors earning promotion to the Women’s Championship South, the second tier of rugby in England
And coach Sarah McKenna says if they replicate their form over the rest of the season, they should be fine.
The England and Saracens star said: “Guildford will be a massive test for us and we know what they’ll offer.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a big week of training but we’re not changing too much.
“We just want to do what we do really well and be the best versions of ourselves and that’s what’s hopefully going to pull us through.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 6 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
The game takes place on the artificial surface at Maidenhead on Sunday.