‘We need to the best version of ourselves’ says Sarah McKenna ahead of OA Saints crunch clash with Guildford
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Saints aren’t planning to change a thing ahead of two massive games for the side.
The Woollams-based side are into the final of the National Intermediate Cup after a narrow victory over Newbury in the semi-final.
But first up and perhaps more importantly they have a winner-takes-all battle with Guildford Gazelles, with the victors earning promotion to the Women’s Championship South, the second tier of rugby in England
And coach Sarah McKenna says if they replicate their form over the rest of the season, they should be fine.
The England and Saracens star said: “Guildford will be a massive test for us and we know what they’ll offer.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a big week of training but we’re not changing too much.
“We just want to do what we do really well and be the best versions of ourselves and that’s what’s hopefully going to pull us through.”
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
The game takes place on the artificial surface at Maidenhead on Sunday.