‘We need to the best version of ourselves’ says Sarah McKenna ahead of OA Saints crunch clash with Guildford
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Saints aren’t planning to change a thing ahead of two massive games for the side.
The Woollams-based side are into the final of the National Intermediate Cup after a narrow victory over Newbury in the semi-final.
But first up and perhaps more importantly they have a winner-takes-all battle with Guildford Gazelles, with the victors earning promotion to the Women’s Championship South, the second tier of rugby in England
And coach Sarah McKenna says if they replicate their form over the rest of the season, they should be fine.
The England and Saracens star said: “Guildford will be a massive test for us and we know what they’ll offer.
“It’s a big week of training but we’re not changing too much.
“We just want to do what we do really well and be the best versions of ourselves and that’s what’s hopefully going to pull us through.”
- 1 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 2 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 3 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 4 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 5 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 6 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 7 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 8 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 9 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 10 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
The game takes place on the artificial surface at Maidenhead on Sunday.