OA Saints take one step closer to title with determined victory over Old Elthamians
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Saints have moved even closer to the Women’s Championship Division Two South East title after a 15-10 win at home to Old Elthamians.
They are now eight points clear of Hammersmith & Fulham in second, who suffered a surprise reverse to Medway, with just three games to go.
Sunday’s win saw the Saints cross the line three times in the opening 20 minutes through Alice Finn, Ciara Scott and Bethany Saunders but the visitors pulled two tries back before the break.
The second half was tough and physical but geed on by a big crowd starved of rugby on Saturday when snow put pay to the senior men’s match, the girls defended superbly to seal the victory.
Their next league game takes them to Beckenham on Sunday, February 24 before matches against Medway and Chesham.
You may also want to watch:
They are next in action though on February 17 when they travel to Sutton & Epsom in the quarter-final of the Intermediate Cup.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant