OA Saints still heading in the right direction after Supermarine victory
- Credit: Archant
OA Saints are still heading in the right direction after a 29-20 win over Supermarine kept them in second place in Championship One South.
It wasn't a vintage performance but it was enough to claim the bonus point as well as the win.
Steph Plunkett gave them the perfect start with a try in 10 minutes converted by Caz Collie and a second from Alice Leitao made it 12-0.
The Swindon-based visitors pulled back two unconverted tries before half-time but after Abi Morgan scored, Plunkett completed her hat-trick to seal the win.
Head coach and Saracens and England star Sarah McKenna said: "It's great to get another home win and continue to show our dominance when at Woollams.
"I know players are feeling frustrated after the game having missed opportunities, however, the way we executed some of our more advanced gameplay shows that we are continuing to develop and make positive headway in the league.
"We will look to get back to the exciting brand of rugby that saw us go top of league earlier in the season when we go to Thurrock on Sunday."
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 3 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 4 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 5 Property Spotlight: See inside this stunning £2.1m period home in St Albans
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 10 Saints get another National League South rival after draw for FA Trophy