OA Saints still heading in the right direction after Supermarine victory
- Credit: Archant
OA Saints are still heading in the right direction after a 29-20 win over Supermarine kept them in second place in Championship One South.
It wasn't a vintage performance but it was enough to claim the bonus point as well as the win.
Steph Plunkett gave them the perfect start with a try in 10 minutes converted by Caz Collie and a second from Alice Leitao made it 12-0.
The Swindon-based visitors pulled back two unconverted tries before half-time but after Abi Morgan scored, Plunkett completed her hat-trick to seal the win.
Head coach and Saracens and England star Sarah McKenna said: "It's great to get another home win and continue to show our dominance when at Woollams.
You may also want to watch:
"I know players are feeling frustrated after the game having missed opportunities, however, the way we executed some of our more advanced gameplay shows that we are continuing to develop and make positive headway in the league.
"We will look to get back to the exciting brand of rugby that saw us go top of league earlier in the season when we go to Thurrock on Sunday."
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire