OA Saints still heading in the right direction after Supermarine victory
- Credit: Archant
OA Saints are still heading in the right direction after a 29-20 win over Supermarine kept them in second place in Championship One South.
It wasn't a vintage performance but it was enough to claim the bonus point as well as the win.
Steph Plunkett gave them the perfect start with a try in 10 minutes converted by Caz Collie and a second from Alice Leitao made it 12-0.
The Swindon-based visitors pulled back two unconverted tries before half-time but after Abi Morgan scored, Plunkett completed her hat-trick to seal the win.
Head coach and Saracens and England star Sarah McKenna said: "It's great to get another home win and continue to show our dominance when at Woollams.
You may also want to watch:
"I know players are feeling frustrated after the game having missed opportunities, however, the way we executed some of our more advanced gameplay shows that we are continuing to develop and make positive headway in the league.
"We will look to get back to the exciting brand of rugby that saw us go top of league earlier in the season when we go to Thurrock on Sunday."
- 1 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 2 What to expect with pupils heading back to the classroom
- 3 Residents' misery after disruption on former Butterfly World site
- 4 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 5 Tributes paid following death of 'warm and polite' Redbourn councillor
- 6 Blooming Burnham flower tributes 'spread love not lurgies'
- 7 St Albans' COVID cases decline considerably as roadmap out of lockdown announced
- 8 Harpenden receives high praise from Health Secretary over vaccine
- 9 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 10 Renewed promises made across three generations of Herts guides