OA Saints shut out Hampstead for win number three
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Ladies picked up their third Women’s Championship South East Two win of the season with an impressive 10-0 success at Hampstead.
A try by Claire McKenna was converted by Katie Robertson, who also kicked a penalty to complete a perfect afternoon for the Saints.
The try came in the first half, a period dominated by the Saints front row of Hannah Tan, Emma Cramphorn and Ros Wiggins.
Kat Josephides linked with Charlie Fredrickson on the crash ball and the space it created gave McKenna the room to embark on an inspired, 50m mazy sprint.
She danced her way past several defenders to score under the posts.
You may also want to watch:
The pack in general was causing Hampstead a number of problems, not least thanks to the fast rucking of Kate Barnes.
The pressure forced Hampstead into penalties and from one of these Robertson slotted home to make it 10-0 at the break.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
But despite strong running from Robyn King and McKenna, the Saints couldn’t convert their efforts into more points in the second half.
And had it not been for hard work from the likes of Alice Finn and Lauren Battersby, Hampstead may have conjured up a score of their own.
It was not to be though and the Saints can now prepare for the visit of undefeated Beckenham on November 1.