Win number two for OA Saints as play-off charge gathers momentum
- Credit: Archant
OA Saints made it two from two in the Women’s Championship play-offs thanks to a 17-5 win away to Cheltenham Tigers.
After victory over Lichfield in round one, they got off to a flying start in Gloucestershire with two tries inside the first 10 minutes.
The first was an opportunistic effort from a turnover in their own half, eventually moved via Caz Collie to Claire McKenna who scored under the posts.
She got the second too after a well-worked strike move from an attacking scrum.
And not satisfied with two quick scores, Saints scored again soon after when Alice Leitao found a gap before offloading to Steph Plunkett..
You may also want to watch:
The Tigers got their score before the half ended but couldn't breach the blue wall.
Unforced errors littered the second half and Saints suffered from ill-discipline and a lack of a clinical edge but still closed out a good win.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
They now have a week off before hosting northern champions West Park Leeds on Sunday, March 15.