Win number two for OA Saints as play-off charge gathers momentum
- Credit: Archant
OA Saints made it two from two in the Women’s Championship play-offs thanks to a 17-5 win away to Cheltenham Tigers.
After victory over Lichfield in round one, they got off to a flying start in Gloucestershire with two tries inside the first 10 minutes.
The first was an opportunistic effort from a turnover in their own half, eventually moved via Caz Collie to Claire McKenna who scored under the posts.
She got the second too after a well-worked strike move from an attacking scrum.
And not satisfied with two quick scores, Saints scored again soon after when Alice Leitao found a gap before offloading to Steph Plunkett..
You may also want to watch:
The Tigers got their score before the half ended but couldn't breach the blue wall.
Unforced errors littered the second half and Saints suffered from ill-discipline and a lack of a clinical edge but still closed out a good win.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 3 Shortages crisis hits district
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
They now have a week off before hosting northern champions West Park Leeds on Sunday, March 15.