Win number two for OA Saints as play-off charge gathers momentum
- Credit: Archant
OA Saints made it two from two in the Women’s Championship play-offs thanks to a 17-5 win away to Cheltenham Tigers.
After victory over Lichfield in round one, they got off to a flying start in Gloucestershire with two tries inside the first 10 minutes.
The first was an opportunistic effort from a turnover in their own half, eventually moved via Caz Collie to Claire McKenna who scored under the posts.
She got the second too after a well-worked strike move from an attacking scrum.
And not satisfied with two quick scores, Saints scored again soon after when Alice Leitao found a gap before offloading to Steph Plunkett..
The Tigers got their score before the half ended but couldn't breach the blue wall.
Unforced errors littered the second half and Saints suffered from ill-discipline and a lack of a clinical edge but still closed out a good win.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
They now have a week off before hosting northern champions West Park Leeds on Sunday, March 15.