OA Saints romp to win in much-anticipated clash with Old Elthamians
- Credit: Archant
OA Saints were able to celebrate after the long-awaited clash at Old Elthamians as they ran out 36-12 winners.
The sides had gone into the game first and third in the Women’s Championship Division Two South East and it started a breakneck speed.
Saints built several phases, forcing the home side to defend for long periods, and with a strong set-piece and slick hands they were able to cut through at will.
By half-time they had 24 points and that kept that going after the break to cruise to an easy win.
Skelton and Plunkett both got two tries each, with the latter adding three conversions, and there was one each for McKenna and Golding.
You may also want to watch:
Head coach Darran Brown said: “The squad performance was the one we as coaches have been waiting for.
“The hard graft at training and the players pushing for shirts is paying off and I am proud of this group and their efforts.”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common