OA Saints romp to victory
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Saints marked the beginning of a new season with a 75-0 dismantling of New Ash GReen.
Using their brand of off-loading rugby, the Saints racked up 35 points in the first half and 40 points in the second, all of which were tries.
The tries were scored by Katie Robertson, Lou Blunt, Nicky Cameron (two), Chloe Allcorn, Sophie Tyler (two), Jodie Rettie, Alice Finn, Emma Cramphorn, and Katerina Josephides.
Robertson also got half a season’s worth of kicking practice in one afternoon, converting 10 of 11 attempts.
Try of the match was scored by wing Lou Blunt. Fly-half Cameron spotted space behind the New Ash Green defensive line and, taking the ball on the Saints 10-metre line, put in a perfectly judged cross-field kick that was chased down and picked up by outside centre Allcorn who beat three players before off-loading to Blunt to finish from the 22.
This weekend the Saints take on defending champions Blackheath, who started their season with a 39-5 win at home to Hammersmith and Fulham. The match will be at Woollams on September 21, 3pm kick-off.
- 1 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 2 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 3 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 4 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 5 Victorian street theatre coming to St Albans city centre this Christmas with classic Dickensian tale
- 6 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 8 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 9 Restaurant review: Christmas at The Ivy in St Albans
- 10 St Albans named among UK's best places for Christmas activities