OA Saints romp to victory
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Saints marked the beginning of a new season with a 75-0 dismantling of New Ash GReen.
Using their brand of off-loading rugby, the Saints racked up 35 points in the first half and 40 points in the second, all of which were tries.
The tries were scored by Katie Robertson, Lou Blunt, Nicky Cameron (two), Chloe Allcorn, Sophie Tyler (two), Jodie Rettie, Alice Finn, Emma Cramphorn, and Katerina Josephides.
Robertson also got half a season’s worth of kicking practice in one afternoon, converting 10 of 11 attempts.
Try of the match was scored by wing Lou Blunt. Fly-half Cameron spotted space behind the New Ash Green defensive line and, taking the ball on the Saints 10-metre line, put in a perfectly judged cross-field kick that was chased down and picked up by outside centre Allcorn who beat three players before off-loading to Blunt to finish from the 22.
You may also want to watch:
This weekend the Saints take on defending champions Blackheath, who started their season with a 39-5 win at home to Hammersmith and Fulham. The match will be at Woollams on September 21, 3pm kick-off.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'