OA Saints prepare for Hampstead by routing Old Leamingtonians
- Credit: Archant
OA Saints prepared for the resumption of the Championship South East 2 season in the only way they know how: by winning.
The Saints head into Sunday’s home tie against Hampstead with a perfect record to defend. So far, OAs have played 10, won 10, scored 366 points and conceded just 99.
Their preparation for continued success took them to Old Leamingtonians on Sunday, the same team they played in their pre-season opener. And while the foggy, freezing cold conditions couldn’t have been further removed from the August heat in their first meeting, OAs performance was just as dominant.
The Saints won the pre-season friendly 92-0 and while they didn’t reach those heady heights again, they still ran in eight tries in a 46-5 triumph.
Outside centre Lou Blunt finished a break from her midfield partner Sophie Tyler to open the scoring. Robyn King, taking over kicking duties from Katie Robertson, missed from a tight angle to keep the score 5-0.
Old Leamingtonians hit back with a try from a turnover but it proved to be their last score. Saints added tries from Kat Josephides and Nicky Cameron before the break.
In the second half, the Saints picked up where they left off and scored further tries through debutant Debbie Carpenter, a hat-trick from Sophie Tyler, and a penalty try awarded for persistent offside by Old Leamingtonians.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead
Sunday’s game against Hampstead kicks off at Woollams at 2pm.