OA Saints maintain unbeaten start
- Credit: Archant
OA Saints continued their 100 per cent start to the league campaign with a win away to Romford & Gidea Park Ladies.
After beating current champions Blackheath last week, Saints proved their are the team to beat with a comprehensive 40-7 victory over the Ravens. The ladies scored six tries in the rout and full-back Katie Robertson completed all but one of her conversion attempts.
Saints took an early lead at Crowlands as scrum-half Bethan Jones sniped right from a quick ruck and off-loaded to Sophie Tyler to score under the posts. Robertson added the extras to put Saints 7-0 up. And Emma Cramphorn extended the lead with a converted try eight minutes later.
No.8 Ange Wadham was next to cross the whitewash as the Saints took a 21-0 lead with 17 minutes gone.
The Ravens did hit back with a try of their own but Wadham restored the three-score advantage as the Saints went into the break with a 28-7 lead.
You may also want to watch:
After the interval Robertson missed her only conversion of the day after Tyler touched down but she was perfect with her next attempt, splitting the uprights following Nicky Cameron’s jaunt over the try-line.
For the next 10 minutes Saints defended hard against a determined and very physical Romford team. But, with seven minutes left, the hosts’ full-back was yellow-carded for a dangerous tackle on her opposite number and Saints finished the match comfortable winners.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 7 A New York state of mind
- 8 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 9 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 10 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward