OA Saints keep perfect run intact
- Credit: Archant
OA Saints kept their perfect start to the season intact with a 31-22 away win over Hampstead.
The win means the Saints have maximum points from their opening five games, but they were made to work hard against Hampstead, who led for the majority of the first-half.
The visitors were under pressure from the start and Hampstead kicked for the corner and crashed over after setting up a rolling maul. An interception and run back took the hosts’ lead to 10-0 before OAs finally got on the scoreboard. Maddy Gunnell took a quick tap and released Nicky Cameron. Katie Robertson added the extras to put OAs within three.
The 10-point cushion was quickly restored but OAs stormed back with two tries before the break to take the lead for the first time. Cameron got the first after running down the blindside of a ruck before Sophie Tyler crashed over. Robertson converted both.
With the wind behind them, the Saints utilised their kicking game: Cameron picked out Tyler that resulted in her second try after strong rucking by Louise Blunt.
You may also want to watch:
Tyler then completed her hat-trick with a solo try that saw her run the length of the pitch.
Hampstead scored the final try of the game but it had little impact on the overall score, although it did earn them a bonus point, as the Saints’ record remained perfect.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Charity founder cancels Channel swim after suffering long Covid