OA Saints into last eight of Intermediate Cup
- Credit: Archant
OA Saints shut out Blackheath to book their spot in the quarter-final of the RFU Intermediate Cup.
Although it threatened to rain and was windy throughout, the Saints were able to move the ball and scored five tries unanswered to win 33-0.
Two tries in the first half from fly-half Nicky Cameron either side of Jodie Rettie’s score, and followed by front row Debbie McHugh’s try just before half-time sent Saints into the break 28-0 ahead.
Blackheath rallied in the second half, although Saints scored again in the corner in the first minute of the half, which proved to be the last points of the game.
Saints go through to the quarter-finals and await the draw to discover who will be their opponents on February 22.
You may also want to watch:
Saints take on Hammersmith and Fulham in the league on Sunday at Woollams, kick-off 2pm.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 4 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 5 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 10 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead