OA Saints into last eight of Intermediate Cup
- Credit: Archant
OA Saints shut out Blackheath to book their spot in the quarter-final of the RFU Intermediate Cup.
Although it threatened to rain and was windy throughout, the Saints were able to move the ball and scored five tries unanswered to win 33-0.
Two tries in the first half from fly-half Nicky Cameron either side of Jodie Rettie’s score, and followed by front row Debbie McHugh’s try just before half-time sent Saints into the break 28-0 ahead.
Blackheath rallied in the second half, although Saints scored again in the corner in the first minute of the half, which proved to be the last points of the game.
Saints go through to the quarter-finals and await the draw to discover who will be their opponents on February 22.
You may also want to watch:
Saints take on Hammersmith and Fulham in the league on Sunday at Woollams, kick-off 2pm.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land