OA Saints get new season off to a great start
- Credit: Archant
OA Saints moved on quickly after the disappointment of missing out on a play-off spot last season with a 29-17 win at home to Chesham.
It was the perfect response and gets their new Women’s Championship South East Two season off to a great start.
A fair number of changes had been made to the squad by head coach Darran Brown since pre-season with some players returning from injury and holidays.
It was the visitors who scored the first try but OAs began to find their rhythm with better lines of running, expansive play and some solid defence when needed.
It meant the half ended with the Saints 7-5 up, Mica Gooding getting the try, and the second half started much as the first.
You may also want to watch:
Kate Skelton scored two with Hannah Stobbs and Georgina Kreysa adding one each and Aisha Abumarziuq kicking two conversions.
Chesham did pull a couple back as the match wound down but it was too late.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25