OA Saints get new season off to a great start
- Credit: Archant
OA Saints moved on quickly after the disappointment of missing out on a play-off spot last season with a 29-17 win at home to Chesham.
It was the perfect response and gets their new Women’s Championship South East Two season off to a great start.
A fair number of changes had been made to the squad by head coach Darran Brown since pre-season with some players returning from injury and holidays.
It was the visitors who scored the first try but OAs began to find their rhythm with better lines of running, expansive play and some solid defence when needed.
It meant the half ended with the Saints 7-5 up, Mica Gooding getting the try, and the second half started much as the first.
Kate Skelton scored two with Hannah Stobbs and Georgina Kreysa adding one each and Aisha Abumarziuq kicking two conversions.
Chesham did pull a couple back as the match wound down but it was too late.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival