OA Saints keep pressure on the league leaders with victory over Supermarine
- Credit: Archant
OA Saints kicked off 2020 with a hard fought 17-10 win against a physical Supermarine side.
The victory in Swindon means they stay third in the Women's Championship South table.
The game started with the hosts controlling territory and building long periods of possession in the OAs' half.
But after defending with extreme physicality for 25 minutes, Saints were able to engineer a breakaway try scored by Caz Bolton, converted by Caz Collie.
But after the game had snapped back to a similar pattern, Supermarine enjoying the majority of possession, Saints bagged a second try with a quick counter-attack, Beth Saunders diving over for this one.
You may also want to watch:
The pressure from the home side eventually told with a converted try utilising the power of the forwards but after a strong break from Mica Gooding, Claire McKenna scored in the corner.
A penalty late on gave Marine a losing bonus point but they couldn't overhaul the lead.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall