OA Saints deliver fine tribute to Georgie
Georgie Robinson Memorial Match OA Saints 10 The Army 7 OA Saints produced a fitting tribute to former player Georgie Robinson with victory against the Army representative side at Woollams on Saturday. The Saints started well with penetrating runs
Georgie Robinson Memorial Match
OA Saints 10 The Army 7
OA Saints produced a fitting tribute to former player Georgie Robinson with victory against the Army representative side at Woollams on Saturday.
The Saints started well with penetrating runs from outside centre Robyn King, captain Lou Allen and vice captain Nadia Dickinson and struck the first points when King converted a penalty.
The home pack continued a strong performance, winning back possession in both scrums and line outs but an expansive move from the Army saw them scored to 7-3 at the break.
Following the tug-o-war half time fun, the Saints returned with a few team changes which saw the addition of impact runners Sarah McKenna and Karina Page in the centres. The duo were returning from their Super 4s match that very morning.
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 8 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 9 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
- 10 St Albans SustFest kicks off in style
The team spirit in the Saints prevailed with good control in turn from both fly halves back from injury. The strike running from the Saints centres paid off when Page delivered and converted a great try in the last 10 minutes of the game which lead the Saints to an emotional 10-7 victory.
The team put in a fantastic performance and Nadia Dickinson was named Forward of the Match with Robyn King taking the award for Back of the Match.
The Memorial Match and other events at Woollams were held to raise money for the Children's Charity the Rainbow Trust. To make a donation see the website