OA Saints can’t stop winning
- Credit: Archant
OA Saints retained their place at the top of Championship South East 2 table with their sixth win in six.
The ladies have been an unstoppable force this season, racking up 277 points while conceding just 56, and Sunday’s visit from Beckenham was no different as they won 50-5.
Inside centre Sophie Tyler started the rout after five minutes following strong running from Kat Josephides and Ange Wadham. She went over for the second time soon after as she linked up with Wadham, beat three defenders and dotted down.
Katie Robertson added the extras and she split the uprights with her next attempt after Tyler completed a first-half hat-trick.
Abbie Maxwell added the Saints’ try of the half and they went into the break 24-5 up after Beckenham profitted from a lack of discipline.
The second half was all one-way traffic as Tyler linked up with Nicky Cameron to score her fourth try. Robertson converted.
Alice Finn got her name on the scoresheet before a yellow card for Jodie Rettie gave Beckenham some respite.
- 1 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 2 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 3 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 4 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 5 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 6 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 7 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 8 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 9 Alex Lankshear goes pro after leaving St Albans City for a Championship side
- 10 'Summer holiday blues? Why I'm gloating about being child-free'
Normal service resumed when Saints were restored to 15 as Cameron and Wadham went over.