OA Saints can’t stop winning
- Credit: Archant
OA Saints retained their place at the top of Championship South East 2 table with their sixth win in six.
The ladies have been an unstoppable force this season, racking up 277 points while conceding just 56, and Sunday’s visit from Beckenham was no different as they won 50-5.
Inside centre Sophie Tyler started the rout after five minutes following strong running from Kat Josephides and Ange Wadham. She went over for the second time soon after as she linked up with Wadham, beat three defenders and dotted down.
Katie Robertson added the extras and she split the uprights with her next attempt after Tyler completed a first-half hat-trick.
Abbie Maxwell added the Saints’ try of the half and they went into the break 24-5 up after Beckenham profitted from a lack of discipline.
You may also want to watch:
The second half was all one-way traffic as Tyler linked up with Nicky Cameron to score her fourth try. Robertson converted.
Alice Finn got her name on the scoresheet before a yellow card for Jodie Rettie gave Beckenham some respite.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
Normal service resumed when Saints were restored to 15 as Cameron and Wadham went over.