OA Saints can’t stop winning
- Credit: Archant
OA Saints retained their place at the top of Championship South East 2 table with their sixth win in six.
The ladies have been an unstoppable force this season, racking up 277 points while conceding just 56, and Sunday’s visit from Beckenham was no different as they won 50-5.
Inside centre Sophie Tyler started the rout after five minutes following strong running from Kat Josephides and Ange Wadham. She went over for the second time soon after as she linked up with Wadham, beat three defenders and dotted down.
Katie Robertson added the extras and she split the uprights with her next attempt after Tyler completed a first-half hat-trick.
Abbie Maxwell added the Saints’ try of the half and they went into the break 24-5 up after Beckenham profitted from a lack of discipline.
You may also want to watch:
The second half was all one-way traffic as Tyler linked up with Nicky Cameron to score her fourth try. Robertson converted.
Alice Finn got her name on the scoresheet before a yellow card for Jodie Rettie gave Beckenham some respite.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Normal service resumed when Saints were restored to 15 as Cameron and Wadham went over.