OA Saints given masterclass in game management by Bath
- Credit: Archant
OA Saints suffered only their third Women’s Championship Division One South league defeat of the season after going down 10-0 to Bath.
They are still third in the table in what is already an excellent first-year at the level following last year's promotion but they were given a masterclass on how to manage a game by their illustrious hosts.
The first-half had ended scoreless although the Saints had played some of the best rugby of the year so far, certainly with ball in hand.
Where they, and indeed Bath, fell down was once they got into the opposition 22.
After the interval, they continued to press but were kept out by some strong and sometimes frantic defending.
You may also want to watch:
And Bath made them pay for a failure to take points from those periods with clever tactical play, first using the phases and then secondly with probing kicks, to score two unconverted tries.
OAs finish 2019 with one more league game at home to Hove, the team directly below them in the table, on Sunday.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall