OA dominate tag festival
The Saracens festival of Mini Rugby was held on Sunday at their Bramley road ground in Cockfosters, London. Old Albanian U7s played four group matches starting against Maidenhead. It was a very tight first half however during the second half OA s defence
The Saracens festival of Mini Rugby was held on Sunday at their Bramley road ground in Cockfosters, London.
Old Albanian U7s played four group matches starting against Maidenhead.
It was a very tight first half however during the second half OA's defence was extremely strong, leading to a wining scoreline of six tries to two.
The second fixture against Kingsbridge Rugby Club was a very exciting game providing very fast flowing mini rugby, two OA's disallowed tries later the final score was 3-2 in Kingsbridge's favour.
You may also want to watch:
OA's penultimate match against Amersham & Chiltern saw a fine performance put in by all the players setting up a 10 try to four victory for OA.
The final match in the pool was against Saracens with OA's well organised defence and very fast counterattack lead them to victory, this time by seven tries to five.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Kingsbridge and OA were both tied at the top of the pool with nine points but OA's superior try scoring record, 26 compared to Kingsbridge's 18, gave the Woollams boys the victory.
Old Albanian U8s also enjoyed a fantastic day at the Saracens tag rugby festival.
OA U8s brought along two teams to the B festival, the Reds and the Greens, and the day ended with the OA Reds first in the U8s competition and OA Greens second.
The festival also included teams from Amersham & Chiltern, Maidenhead, Ruislip and Saracens.
The OA Reds won all their matches on the day, scoring a fantastic 41 tries.
The OA Greens also enjoyed a great day's rugby, scoring 28 tries, and their only loss on the day was to their club mates in OA Reds.