OA Blues in tune for top show
THE Old Albanian Under 10s Blues continued their dominance of their age group in the region by winning their tournament at the Ealing Trailfinders Rugby Club Festival on Sunday. The Blues beat local rivals Harpenden as well as teams from Richmond, London
THE Old Albanian Under 10s Blues continued their dominance of their age group in the region by winning their tournament at the Ealing Trailfinders Rugby Club Festival on Sunday.
The Blues beat local rivals Harpenden as well as teams from Richmond, London Welsh and Wasps, before defeating hosts Ealing 3-1 in the final.
The OA Under 10s Reds scored 18 tries and conceded just one as they shared the trophy in their tournament after a draw with Ealing in the final.
The Reds beat Harpenden B 20-0, defeated Ealing C 35-0 and beat Bank of England 30-0. Head coach, Rick Powdrell felt the foundation for their success was based on an aggressive, solid defensive performance with a potent attacking backline. Try scorers for the Reds were Robbie Pope, Toby Palmer, Charlie Moffatt, Finlay Cripps, Rory Superfine, Daniel Hanlon, Jonathan Powdrell, Zach West and Kane White.
You may also want to watch:
Also at the Ealing Festival, the Under 9s A team beat Richmond and London Welsh and drew with Harpenden to finish joint top of their group. They then lost to eventual winners Ealing in the semis before beating Bank of England to secure third place.
The Under 9s B team lost their opening match to Welwyn before beating Harpenden and London Welsh. They defeated Bank of England in the semi-final before losing to Welwyn in the final.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25