Norris makes an instant impact
HSCL Division One St Peter s 1 AFC Hatfield Town 0 DEBUTANT Joel Norris 35th minute goal was all that separated St Peter s and AFC Hatfield Town. The Saints started with three new players – Norris, David Stevens and Michael Davies. A hectic opening saw b
HSCL Division One
St Peter's 1 AFC Hatfield Town 0
DEBUTANT Joel Norris' 35th minute goal was all that separated St Peter's and AFC Hatfield Town.
The Saints started with three new players - Norris, David Stevens and Michael Davies.
A hectic opening saw both defences having to deal with spells of pressure but the shooting from both sides was far from accurate.
Norris used his pace early on to get past the visitor's defence but was unlucky not to find the net.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 3 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 4 Man kicked, punched and knocked unconscious outside St Albans bank
- 5 St Albans set for heatwave and 31C sunshine in mid-August
- 6 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 7 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 8 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
- 9 Police arrest St Albans man on suspicion of 'harassment'
- 10 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
Late in the first half, Richard Ellis put Norris clean through and he finished the move off in style.
The unpredictable bounce on an uneven playing surface contributed to a scrappy second half.
Injuries stripped the Saints of Davies, Gary Stuart-Neal and Danny Goodchild who had only just returned from injury forcing the Saints to play the last 10 minutes with only 10 men but the Saints held out.
St Peter's: Barnes; Gauthier, Wiltshire, Jones; Davies (Goodchild), Stevens, Stuart-Neal (Mardle), Eames; Norris, Ellis, Lee.