Noble joins St Albans City’s coaching staff
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City captain David Noble will now combine his playing duties with those of a coach after being handed a backroom position at Clarence Park.
The appointment was announced by manager Ian Allinson who described it as “a natural progression” for the midfielder.
The former Arsenal youngster, who went on to amass over 300 football league appearances, has impressed supporters since arriving at the club two years ago.
Allinson said: “He’s always been on hand to share his experience and help the younger players and when you have someone like that in your ranks then it will only benefit a side.
“And you can see from his performances already this season that he’s prepared to lead by example.
You may also want to watch:
“His experience is invaluable to St Albans City Football Club and I have no doubt that we’ll continue to thrive with David in his new player-coach role.
The Saints boss added: “David intends to carry playing for as long as possible.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved