Noble joins St Albans City’s coaching staff
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City captain David Noble will now combine his playing duties with those of a coach after being handed a backroom position at Clarence Park.
The appointment was announced by manager Ian Allinson who described it as “a natural progression” for the midfielder.
The former Arsenal youngster, who went on to amass over 300 football league appearances, has impressed supporters since arriving at the club two years ago.
Allinson said: “He’s always been on hand to share his experience and help the younger players and when you have someone like that in your ranks then it will only benefit a side.
“And you can see from his performances already this season that he’s prepared to lead by example.
You may also want to watch:
“His experience is invaluable to St Albans City Football Club and I have no doubt that we’ll continue to thrive with David in his new player-coach role.
The Saints boss added: “David intends to carry playing for as long as possible.”
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire