No signs of rust for St Albans as they return from Christmas break with a bang
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
St Albans’ men showed no ill effects from their long winter break as they roared to a 5-0 win at home to Cambridge City.
The Oaklands College-based hockey club had slipped to third in the East League Premier Division after an indifferent finish to 2018 but second-half goals from Charlie Bowskill, Hugo Christie, George Scott and a double for Dave Williams ensured that was soon a distant memory.
Skipper Matt Davey said: “Cambridge defended well and are always a difficult team to break down. Refocusing our efforts on a foundation of quick passing we managed to find a way through and open up the game.”
The ladies don’t restart their league fixtures until February 2 when they go to Sevenoaks.
In the meantime they enjoyed a 5-1 win over Oxford Hawks in a friendly.
You may also want to watch:
Caitlin Wales and Paula Kolb scored two each while Tash Humphris got one.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season