No place like home for Saints
St Peter’s put five past Eight Bells
HSCL Division One
St Peter’s 5
Eight Bells Hatfield 1
ST PETER’S thumped Eight Bells Hatfield in their first home game since October 30, 2010.
You may also want to watch:
The fixture was hastily re-scheduled after an earlier cancelation and the Saints took full advantage.
Joel Norris’s early effort gave visiting goalkeeper Gary Statham no chance and debut boy Jermaine Davey added an excellent second.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 5 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 A New York state of mind
- 8 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 9 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 10 Alban Arena launches annual pantomime with Strictly Come Dancing star
A third goal arrived before the break when a left wing cross from Norris was turned into their own net via a comical mix up between the visiting ‘keeper and one of his defenders.
The Saints continued where they left off after the break and added two further goals through Norris and a first of the season from Sam Pooley, following excellent play by Jack Rees.
Not even a last minute consolation by Jamie Caswell could hide manager Dave Whitehead’s delight at a victory that lifted the Saints to fifth in the table.
This Saturday the Saints travel to league leaders Buntingford Town in the Aubrey Cup (KO 1.30pm).
St Peter’s: Barnes; Cox (Mardle), Carman, Wiltshire, Rees, Costain, Beswick (Kennedy), Taylor, Pooley (Hood-Wright); Davey, Norris. Sub not used: Savory.