No place like home for Saints
St Peter’s put five past Eight Bells
HSCL Division One
St Peter’s 5
Eight Bells Hatfield 1
ST PETER’S thumped Eight Bells Hatfield in their first home game since October 30, 2010.
You may also want to watch:
The fixture was hastily re-scheduled after an earlier cancelation and the Saints took full advantage.
Joel Norris’s early effort gave visiting goalkeeper Gary Statham no chance and debut boy Jermaine Davey added an excellent second.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 8 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 9 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 10 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
A third goal arrived before the break when a left wing cross from Norris was turned into their own net via a comical mix up between the visiting ‘keeper and one of his defenders.
The Saints continued where they left off after the break and added two further goals through Norris and a first of the season from Sam Pooley, following excellent play by Jack Rees.
Not even a last minute consolation by Jamie Caswell could hide manager Dave Whitehead’s delight at a victory that lifted the Saints to fifth in the table.
This Saturday the Saints travel to league leaders Buntingford Town in the Aubrey Cup (KO 1.30pm).
St Peter’s: Barnes; Cox (Mardle), Carman, Wiltshire, Rees, Costain, Beswick (Kennedy), Taylor, Pooley (Hood-Wright); Davey, Norris. Sub not used: Savory.