No joy for Magpies
Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier Division Colney Heath 2 Cockfosters 3 Colney Heath were denied a seventh straight league win as second from bottom Cockfosters recorded a much needed three points. The Magpies fell behind to Dave Pigden s goal after
Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier Division
Colney Heath 2 Cockfosters 3
Colney Heath were denied a seventh straight league win as second from bottom Cockfosters recorded a much needed three points.
The Magpies fell behind to Dave Pigden's goal after just six minutes but were soon back on level terms when Neil Jordan was afforded the time and space to plant a header past the Cockfosters goalkeeper.
The plucky visitors regained their lead after 30 minutes through Joe Smith's venomous drive. The hosts failed to clear a corner and Smith made them pay, smashing the ball past Blackman.
The Magpies came out after the break looking to get back into the game but they fell further behind in the 70th minute when Aaron Ewing struck a sweet volley into the net.
- 1 Club night revival in St Albans
- 2 St Albans woman stops British Grand Prix at Silverstone
- 3 Moped crashes with pedestrian on St Peter's Street
- 4 Pest controller fights back against negative reviews
- 5 Teenager's arm broken during 'metal pole attack'
- 6 Birch tree roots battle for St Albans neighbour
- 7 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 8 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 9 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 10 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
With 10 minutes remaining, Colney were awarded a penalty after the referee spotted the ball striking a Cockfosters player on the arm. The visiting 'keeper saved the spot kick but Phil Jackman scored from the resulting corner to set up a nervy last few minutes for the visitors.