No joy for Magpies
Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier Division Colney Heath 2 Cockfosters 3 Colney Heath were denied a seventh straight league win as second from bottom Cockfosters recorded a much needed three points. The Magpies fell behind to Dave Pigden s goal after
Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier Division
Colney Heath 2 Cockfosters 3
Colney Heath were denied a seventh straight league win as second from bottom Cockfosters recorded a much needed three points.
The Magpies fell behind to Dave Pigden's goal after just six minutes but were soon back on level terms when Neil Jordan was afforded the time and space to plant a header past the Cockfosters goalkeeper.
You may also want to watch:
The plucky visitors regained their lead after 30 minutes through Joe Smith's venomous drive. The hosts failed to clear a corner and Smith made them pay, smashing the ball past Blackman.
The Magpies came out after the break looking to get back into the game but they fell further behind in the 70th minute when Aaron Ewing struck a sweet volley into the net.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
With 10 minutes remaining, Colney were awarded a penalty after the referee spotted the ball striking a Cockfosters player on the arm. The visiting 'keeper saved the spot kick but Phil Jackman scored from the resulting corner to set up a nervy last few minutes for the visitors.