No guessing who’s the boss as Six shows Verulam ReallyMoving the way
- Credit: Archant
It was a case of ‘the boss showing the team how it’s done’, as Verulam ReallyMoving.com’s directeur sportif, Marcel Six, won the opening round of the 2017 HHCC Bovingdon Bomber Criterium Series.
Luke Houghton was seventh and Gavin Bench also made the top 20.
Six scrambled across to a two-man break and once bridged the gap, the trio worked well together eventually lapping the rest of the field.
And on the last lap the boss countered a late attack from Ryan Allen of Nottingham University CC and sprinted to the win.
Matt Watson and Jamie Maxen were in action at round two of the MK Bowl Youth Midweek Racing series with Watson picking up an excellent sixth place.
You may also want to watch:
A six-strong team also raced in a Thames Velo race.
And 10th overall means Houghton climbs for a category three racer to a category two, a perfect present for his 18th birthday.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school