No guessing who’s the boss as Six shows Verulam ReallyMoving the way
- Credit: Archant
It was a case of ‘the boss showing the team how it’s done’, as Verulam ReallyMoving.com’s directeur sportif, Marcel Six, won the opening round of the 2017 HHCC Bovingdon Bomber Criterium Series.
Luke Houghton was seventh and Gavin Bench also made the top 20.
Six scrambled across to a two-man break and once bridged the gap, the trio worked well together eventually lapping the rest of the field.
And on the last lap the boss countered a late attack from Ryan Allen of Nottingham University CC and sprinted to the win.
Matt Watson and Jamie Maxen were in action at round two of the MK Bowl Youth Midweek Racing series with Watson picking up an excellent sixth place.
You may also want to watch:
A six-strong team also raced in a Thames Velo race.
And 10th overall means Houghton climbs for a category three racer to a category two, a perfect present for his 18th birthday.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents