No drama this time but Harpenden Town’s win over Leverstock Green hailed as ‘best of the season’
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town made it two SSML Premier Division victories in a week and although the 2-1 success over Leverstock Green lacked the highlight reel package of the 7-3 epic at Wembley, boss Danny Plumb called it the “best performance of the season”.
Town had to come back from a goal down to win, with James Yates and David Keenleyside scoring.
Plumb said: “After a difficult spell we’ve bounced back with two excellent results. Saturday was one of our best performances of the season against a very good side.
“To go down 1-0, and keep playing and working hard, we got our just rewards in the second half. We never gave up and produced a great team performance.
“We now need to back it up with a run of home fixtures starting on Saturday against London Tigers.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Harpenden’s U25 squad drew 1-1 with leaders AFC Dunstable.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared