‘No doubt’ Kyriacou will return this season
- Credit: Archant
John Kyriacou will return for St Albans City before the end of the season and could be in line for an appearance as soon as next weekend when Staines Town visit Clarence Park.
The right back’s recovery from an anterior cruciate ligament injury has been nothing short of staggering. Kyriacou limped out in the 88th minute of the New Year’s Day loss to Hemel Hempstead and hasn’t played since.
Kyriacou returned to training last Thursday, just 10 weeks removed from the injury, and, according to joint manager James Gray, looked like he’d never been away.
“He looked superb at training last week. After 10 weeks out he had a spring in his step and his touch was good,” he said. “From the way he was training I was half-thinking about throwing him straight in against Weston-super-Mare.”
He added: “We got him a membership at Westminster Lodge and he’s clearly looked after himself. I think he’s over the worst of the injury but we can’t push it too hard. By Staines, he’ll be in contention.”
You may also want to watch:
Gray said he had “no doubt” Kyriacou would play against this season and revealed might send him out on loan or dual registration to get minutes before a return to Conference South action.
- 1 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Area Guide: The Childwickbury estate explored
- 5 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 6 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 7 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London