Nissen takes seven wickets as Shenley beat St Albans
St Albans run chase fell 28 runs short of victory as Shenley Village picked up 30 points.
On a sunny Saturday afternoon, Shenley Village won the toss and elected to bat first. St Albans made an excellent start with the ball, as Daniel Rosson and Stanley Tinkler restricted Shenley to just 14 off the first 10 overs, both of them picking up a wicket in the process.
Martin Jones then made another early breakthrough, before Shenley fought back through Kris Nissen who made 52 important runs. He was later dismissed off the bowling of Mark Telkman, who continued his excellent form with the ball, finishing with figures of 4-44 off 12 overs.
Some lower order hitting saw Shenley recover from 90-6 to 165-9 off their 53 overs.
St Albans’ innings got off to a terrible start, as they were reduced to 10-4. St Albans then counter-attacked through Sandipan Chanda and Syed Shah, the latter making 52 runs off 41 balls.
You may also want to watch:
However, the dismissal of Shah sparked another mini collapse, and St Albans were on the edge of defeat. Despite the best efforts of Chanda (58), Nissen (7-76) rounded off an excellent fielding performance from Shenley by cleaning up the tail.
St Albans were bowled out for 138, losing by 27 runs.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app