Nine-wicket win for Radlett 3rds at Wheathampstead 2nds
Ten-man Wheathampstead 2nd were comprehensively beaten by Radlett 3rds at Nomansland on Saturday.
Undeterred by the numerical disadvantage, captain Alastair Sykes won the toss and elected to bat.
After 25 overs it was all going well, with Sykes on 47 and Sohail Hanif on 44, as Wheathampstead reach 106 without loss. However, the wickets came thick and fast and only 39 more runs were put on the board.
Sykes departed to a rash shot before Todd Houlihan got a good ball in the same over. Wickets continued to fall rapidly but tail-end resistance from Shazad Sheikh, David Tree and Keith Martin helped WCC limp to 145 and claim batting points.
Wheathampstead took to the field with a good bowling attack as Tree found early swing and restricted the scoring. However, the Radlett batting was resolute and strong and they pushed along at four an over.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts earned the only wicket in the 15th over as Tree tempted a rash shot, which was caught at mid-wicket. The dismissal brought Charlie Nicholas to the crease. The 14-year-old batted beautifully to see Radlett to a nine-wicket win.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly